Far too many Americans are leaving one of their biggest investments exposed to the elements for long periods of time, allowing rain, snow, hail, and other inclement weather – as well as animals and tree branches or other debris to damage it. When the time comes to resell this major investment, that minimal daily damage caused by outdoor storage suddenly shows up, often resulting in hundreds or thousands of dollars in lost resale value. You probably think people who treat a major investment this way are foolish, but don’t be too quick to judge. You could be one of them!
Do you park your car outside? Do you not have a garage, or is your garage so full of storage or workspaces and equipment that you can no longer park your vehicle inside the garage? Is your garage just too far of a walk from your house, especially if you’re carrying groceries? If you are currently parking your car outside, you should consider alternatives to protect your investment in your vehicle and reducing the likelihood of wear and tear and damage! Here are five reasons why investing in a tension fabric carport, or portable garage, is the right move for people who park their cars outside.
- Portable carports are cost effective. Unlike a traditional garage, pole barn, or shed, tension fabric carports are considered temporary buildings, meaning you won’t need a building permit to put one up on your property. Because most can be put together in a single afternoon, even if you hire a contractor to assemble the carport, the expense incurred will be minimal. For a fraction of the cost of a garage, you can protect one vehicle (or more) from the potential ravages of outdoor storage and harsh weather in just about any setting, urban or rural.
- There’s no expertise required to install a portable carport. Most come in easy-to-construct, ready-to-go kits that include everything you’re going to need, pre-cut and sized, with the exception of tools. You don’t need an electrician or an engineer to help you put it together like you would for a newly built garage or an addition to an existing garage; the ability to follow simple directions and the physical ability to lift and move the component pieces are all that is required for you to put together a carport to protect your vehicle from environmental deterioration.
- Car entry won’t be a hassle. There’s nothing worse than climbing into a vehicle with a dark paint color on a hot day after it’s been sitting out in the sun for a few hours. You can feel like you’re being roasted alive. Of course, if it’s winter, you’ll probably have frozen fingers before you can scrape all the accumulated ice and snow off the exterior of your vehicle, to say nothing of the snow that inevitably falls inside onto your seat when you reach in to grab your ice brush. Even if it’s only raining, you can end up with a wet seat in a matter of seconds. Why deal with the misery of numb fingers, a wet seat, or intolerable heat for your whole commute? By protecting your vehicle from the elements, you will need less time getting ready each day, and your commute will be more comfortable as well!
- Portable carports move with you. There’s a reason they’re called portable! If you’re renting, the lack of a garage doesn’t have to be a dealbreaker for an otherwise lovely property. While you’d need permission from a landlord to build a garage (to say nothing of the expense incurred for a property you don’t actually own), a portable carport is non-permanent and affordable. When your tenancy at the property is over, you can disassemble the carport and move it with you, wherever you go.
- Say goodbye to bird droppings, hail dents, tree branch damage, and other debris. With a portable garage protecting your vehicle, you won’t have to worry about debris from nearby trees, inclement weather, or migrating birds making a mess of your vehicle. It will still be clean and dry, protected from the elements and other sources of dirt and irritation.
Ensure that one of your biggest investments isn’t rapidly depreciating due to poor storage; invest in a carport today to protect your car or truck from the elements!
For more information on tension fabric carports and portable garages, or to order your WeatherPort fabric buildings today, call +1-970-399-5909, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact us page.