Facilities spending is one of the biggest reasons athletic departments in colleges and universities run deficits.
The Washington Post ran an extensive review of the financial records of 48 athletic departments in 2014; the report found $772 million in combined spending for athletic facilities, an 89% increase from 2004 when $408 million was spent. These findings are adjusted for inflation in addition to including capital expenses, yearly debt payments, and maintenance costs.
Maintaining facilities for athletic programs can be costly and time-consuming without the aid of fundraising efforts or alumni contributions. Luckily, alternative options are available for your college or university. Replace, expand, or upgrade your current athletic or indoor training facilities.
WeatherPort® offers custom-designed fabric structures that offer many cost-saving benefits compared to traditionally constructed indoor athletic facilities.
COST-SAVING BENEFITS OF FABRIC BUILDINGS
Fabric buildings from WeatherPort offer many cost-saving benefits when compared to athletic or indoor training centers made using traditionally constructed materials. These include:
- Custom-designed athletic facilities are engineered to withstand location-specific wind and snow loads for safety and long-lasting durability in any climate.
- Lower weight and low-cube shipping of materials reduces transportation costs of the building system.
- Minimal foundation requirements allow you to safely install your indoor sports facility on virtually any level surface, reducing the need for costly and timely site preparations.
- Unlike other prefabricated building systems, fabric buildings from WeatherPort are designed to be easy to set up. No previous experience or expensive supervisor(s) or labor crews are needed.
- Minimal tool and equipment requirements reduce the costs associated with construction.
- Reduced construction schedules not only save money for your school’s athletic department; but allow students and athletes to begin training in a fraction of the time compared to typical building construction.
- Indoor sports facilities from WeatherPort are insulated to meet any R-value, as required by building code for energy efficiency.
- Quickly expand, reconfigure, or take down and relocate the athletic training facility as your school’s training needs change.
- Once installed, fabric buildings from WeatherPort are virtually maintenance-free, lowering upkeep and maintenance costs typically seen with traditionally constructed buildings.
Instead of investing in a building solution that will require more upfront and long-term maintenance costs; why not build or expand your school’s current athletic or indoor training facilities using high-quality fabric buildings from WeatherPort?
[Related: Fabric Buildings Designed for Field Stadiums]
CUSTOM-DESIGN AN INDOOR ATHLETIC FACILITY
Fabric buildings from WeatherPort are custom-designed up to 150’ wide, to any length, and with any side-wall height. Our open span building designs do not require interior support columns. This design allows you to create training rooms, treatment areas, athletic trainer offices, as well as equipment and supply storage.
Smaller fabric buildings can create satellite athletic training facilities.
All fabric buildings from WeatherPort can be custom-designed with logos, building names, school colors, crests, or team mascots printed directly onto the tensioned fabric membrane. WeatherPort is one of a couple companies in the United States with the equipment and technical know-how to print near-magazine quality prints on tensioned fabric!
[Related: Fabric Buildings Create Innovative Indoor Recreational Facilities]
ATHLETIC FACILITIES FOR SMALLER SCHOOLS
Using fabric structures to create school athletic facilities instead of traditional building materials creates a more level playing field for smaller schools and universities.
In the past, only the longest-established and best-funded schools could afford quality athletic facilities for their students. However, the cost-saving benefits of using fabric buildings from WeatherPort is allowing smaller and newer schools with a variety of athletic programs the necessary space to provide year-round engagement and training opportunities.
[Related: Outdoor Facilities for Growing Schools]
A MULTIPURPOSE FABRIC BUILDING
When certain sport seasons end, courts and tracks typically sit vacant and unused for months on end unless teams engage in cross or off-season training.
Fabric buildings from WeatherPort are customized or reconfigured to support other school activities or functions to maximize their use year-long.
The Maverick Pavilion at the University of Colorado showcases a WeatherPort fabric tension building that are initially used as a student center with a study area, bookstore, restaurant, and more. The facility was later relocated and reconfigured as an athletic practice facility.
[Related: Building a Gymnasium or Auditorium With Fabric Buildings]
FABRIC BUILDINGS FOR ATHLETIC FACILITIES
When it’s time for you to expand or renovate the athletic facilities at your college or university, consider alternative building solutions like fabric buildings from WeatherPort!
For more information on WeatherPort tension fabric buildings, or to place an order, call +1-970-399-5909, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact page to fill out an online form.
Leave A Comment