For a multitude of reasons, tension fabric buildings are becoming increasingly popular choices for casinos as well as other event venues, including sports centers, convention centers and concert halls. These buildings are engineered to meet local and international building codes such as those for weather proofing (including snow loads), natural forces and being flame retardant.
Quality tension fabric buildings are structurally sound and secured with steel frames that can hold extra loads, including lighting and sound equipment. However, the use of tension fabric allows designers a degree of creative freedom that they don’t have with traditional buildings. A tension fabric structure can give your casino or any type of event center a unique look that people will remember. You can choose whatever colors you like and customize them with graphics, artwork and logos.
When many people think of fabric structures, they picture cold, drafty tents like they’ve experienced at weddings or outdoor parties. While some models are designed to be open-air, others are designed with the thermal properties needed to ensure comfort for your guests, regardless of the weather conditions outside.
Another concern of those who’ve never chosen tension fabric for a structure is acoustics. However, fabric structures actually have acoustical advantages over conventional buildings. That’s why they’re used by so many concert venues. Therefore, if a casino has a space that features musical entertainment, a building made with tension fabric can bring quality sound to every corner of the room.
Sound-absorbing fabric linings have insulation that provides minimal reverberation inside and minimizes the sound level for those outside of the building – helping prevent noise complaints and costly fines. In casinos, where the noise of people and machines in the gaming section can become overwhelming, sound-absorbing fabric minimizes the sound level in all areas of the building and keeps outside noise out.
Heating, cooling and ventilation (HVAC) is a prime concern for casino owners, particularly in venues where smoking is allowed. Quality fabric structures are designed to accommodate HVAC as well as electrical and insulation systems to help ensure good air quality and minimize unpleasant odors. Because they’re protected from the elements, your heated or cooled air stays inside and the outside heat or cold stay out, thus reducing your utility bills and saving energy. When your guests are comfortable, they’ll stay longer!
There are many other advantages of tension fabric buildings for casinos. Just to name a few:
- Construction time is much shorter than it is for conventional buildings. This means you can get your casino up and running faster and get a faster return on your investment.
- Fabric buildings can be easily expanded as your casino grows.
- They can be dismantled and reassembled in another location quickly and inexpensively, with little downtime for your business.
- Fabric room dividers help minimize viewing obstructions. This is helpful in casinos for security personnel. It also gives guests a clear view of the gaming, dining and other entertainment options available.
- Unlike buildings with steel sheeting, fabric structures are resistant to corrosion from outside elements like fertilizer, salt and of course the weather.
- Fabric roofs provide up to 12 percent translucency. They allow natural light in. That means that during normal daylight hours, unless the day is overcast, you’ll need less, if any, artificial lighting. This will reduce your electrical bills and make your structure more energy efficient.
- Fabric buildings allow maximum use of interior space. Further, if you need extra storage space, a separate storage structure can be constructed. All that your guests will see inside is what you want them to see.
- Fabric buildings are less expensive to construct and to maintain than structures made of steel or brick and mortar.
Upscale casinos and entertainment venues throughout the United States and Canada as well as around the world have made the leap to fabric structures. You’ll find these beautiful buildings everywhere from locations with freezing cold, snowy winters, like The Venue at River Cree Resort and Casino in Alberta, Canada to the Gila River Lone Butte Casino in Chandler, Arizona, that experience scorching sunshine and summer temperatures that can rise to well over 100 degrees.
Whether you make the decision to go with a tension fabric building for the versatility, the cost effectiveness, the energy efficiency or all of the above, it’s essential to select a company with a stellar reputation that knows their products inside and out. They can determine, based on your unique needs for your structure, exactly what materials will work best. They can also work with you as your needs change and your business grows.
For more information on WeatherPort tension fabric buildings, or to order your WeatherPort fabric buildings today, call +1-970-399-5909, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact us page.